Sunday, October 3, 2010

Homemade Pizza

Josh is gone this weekend in Pittsburgh for a plant tour, Steelers football game, & all in all fun! So, what do we do when Daddy's gone? Make a mess in the kitchen, of course! Last night we made homemade macaroni & cheese, broccoli & cook-n-serve pudding. (Then we watched a newer & much more scary Scooby Doo movie. I had a bed-full at about midnight.) It was delish! Piper is requesting it for her birthday dinner.

Tonight, we made a most excellent homemade pizza. Again, why does homemade make something taste so good? Gus & Channing requested pepperoni & Piper had cheese. You know it's a hit when the comment is "this is better than the pizza ______ makes."

Kimber came to pay us a visit this evening, too! A nice visit with her, and the kids were so excited to see her. Ladybug even ran to her and gave her hugs and kisses! And, I could do the same, too. She likes the same kinds of food I do! So, we had a pesto, chicken, broccoli, & mushroom pie. DELISH! One of my favorite flavor combos.

So, what do we do when Daddy's gone? Eat good food! At home!

When the kitchen looks like this, it's usually a good sign!

The dough resting & rising. And resting & rising. And resting & rising!
Here's the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/white-pizzas-with-arugula-recipe2/index.html

This dough had a longer nap today than I did.

Ready for the oven.

I love mushrooms. I love sauteed mushrooms. I love sauteed mushrooms on a pesto pizza.

Before the assembly.

This is my idea of pizza. So glad there are leftovers!

Good thing that shirt matches.

Cheesy.

What's cheesier? The pizza or the smile?

Mmmmmmm! That's one big bite!

Saucy for the Sassy.

"Piper, don't do that with your eyes."- Me
"Goofy."- Gus

"Yeah, that Sissy is nuts."- Ladybug

One thing I've learned when getting my hands dirty with dough: take off the ring.

It was all beyond worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment